SERMON: Servanthood in the Workplace by Tim Walker Colossians 3: 22 – 4: 1
We live in a day and age where finding good workers is a big challenge. A lot of people live with a sense of entitlement, minimal work in and big pay, so this can cause frustration to the owners and employers as well to the employees.
Paul gives us a challenge to view our roles (whether we be the boss or the employee) from the vantage that we are serving Jesus first and our earthly realm second. It can have a dramatic affect in how we value our roles as well it lifts us up with a sense of dignity to the role of work.
Youtube Clips: (as noted throughout sermon)
You is Kind
Giveaways – References:
- 5 Languages of Appreciation for the Workplace (Gary Chapman)
- Embezzlement: A True Crime Story (Kevin Cross)
- For Women Only in the Workplace (Shaunti Feldhahn)
- The Maxwell Daily Reader (John C. Maxwell)
- Put your Dream to the Test (John C. Maxwell)
- The Right to Lead: Learning Leadership through Character & Courage (John C. Maxwell)